Friday, April 25, 2008

Nostalgia

After being depressed and miserable the whole day because of Company Law exam, I decided to reward myself by indulging in a marathon of Walt Disney's classic Princess animations.

So I basically spent the whole day watching Swan Princess and the sequels, Sleeping Beauty, Snow White and the 7 Dwarfs, and last but not least, Cinderella.

Giler~ That's what you must be thinking.

And somehow I just realized, or maybe it's too long since I've watched it... That's it's my 1st time watching Sleeping Beauty!!! Hahaa!!! But the final scene looks familiar so maybe I've watched it before...

I simply love all the songs in Swan Princess:

(1) Opening: This Is My Idea
(2) Far Longer Than Forever
(3) Practice, Practice, Practice!

Snow White:

(1) I Wish
(2) Someday My Prince Will Come (tell me which girl won't know this song??!! But I would like to make a tribute to a dear departed friend, Veronica. I still can hear this song ringing in my ears during your memorial service... Missing you lots~)

Sleeping Beauty:

(1) Once Upon A Dream (yup, the one and only song!)

I can simply conclude that amongst all, Sleeping Beauty's the best! I love the storyline, simple yet sends a powerful message of true love, courage and good triumph over evil. Better than Harry Potter!!

I also love the way they drew Princess Aurora and Prince Philip. Perfect! From the face to the costume!! Super!! Splendid!!

The songs they sang in the classics (esp. the older ones like Snow White and Sleeping Beauty) sounds ethereal and somewhat eery when you listen to the hummings and high-pitch voices of the heroine....

Nevertheless, all these songs really brought back all the sweet memories of my childhood and also the dreams I harbour as a girl...

Looking for my prince, living my dreams and to be surrounded by love, beauty and kindness.

You don't get such things anymore now, don't you? Not even on TV or movies anymore. Most of the Disney movies are all on talking animals (Ratatouille was good! So was The Incredibles!) but... no more fairy tales like the good ol' days (Not forgetting memorable and evergreen songs)... Huhu

So now the only thing I can do is dream a good dream and walk with my prince I knew in once upon a dream....

*Sigh*

No comments: