Thursday, May 15, 2008

My Prayer

This is my prayer
For the people of Myanmar and China
In the midst of such disaster
No one asked for this to happen
And surely You, oh God, did not made it happened

The bread I ate this morning
Oh Jesus, I give you thanks
Knowing that while I'm eating here
The other side of the world has nothing to eat

Shivering in the cold from lack of shelter
Blistering under the heat of the day
Children running around
Lost, forlorn... with no clean food and water

Adults cry in desperation
Asking the "why" question
Begging for mercy

Let the authorities open up doors for help to enter
Help offered by fellow men in times of need
Let their hearts of stone be turn
Let them hear the cries of desperation
And the voice of God
Let them know that they are not alone
Let them know the sincerity of these men

Let their pride be humbled
Let their ears hear
Let their eyes see
Let them have faith in the people offering their help
Let them care for the victims calling out

I pray for mercy, Oh Lord
For your people whom you love
Surely you are weeping in heaven as well
Together with the heartbroken and the grieving
Together with the helpless
Just as Jesus wept
You, oh Father wept too for us

"Answer me when I call to you
O my righteous God
Give me relief from my distress
Be merciful to me and hear my prayer"
-Psalm 4:1-
Have mercy and grace upon the suffering now...
Hear our pleadings and cries, Lord
For You will never leave us nor forsake us.
This I believe with all my heart and soul.
I seal this prayer in Your name...
Amen.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

to that , i say a hearty amen.