Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Clay-nation?

I have no idea why I was suddenly so obsessed with Clay Aiken. Somehow I was googling on him to know more about his UNICEF role. Wasn't a fan of singing before this and the only thing I heard was "Invisible" and "The Way".

While browsing through youtube (haha...i seriously love youtube man!! you can search for any videos in it!! super), I was surprised to discover that Clay Aiken, besides being a man with big, powerful and beautiful voice, I'm also quite shocked to discover he's such a funny guy!!

He was super in all the talk shows in which he appeared as guest or co-host and boy~ he really had a wonderful sense of humour! You never thought he's such fun on shows! haha... check out youtube and search under Clay Aiken-Jimmy Kimmel and you'll know what I mean... He's such a natural (I'm not licking up to his boots but it's been a long time since I've seen such a natural, after the Drew Carey show... I kinda forgot the title of the show... it's not Drew Carey show but he's in it...)

He started off in American Idol in such a nerdy-dorky image and looking at how he evolved with time was also amazing. His best image would definitely be during his 2nd album "A Thousand Different Ways". He looked HOT in there, with darker, longer hair with bangs, as compared to the "durian" head...haha! But his current image... ermm.... I didn't liked it at all. He looks too... "girlish" if you know what I mean and he looked like a doll, all waxed up! In other words... he looked fake... Fire his stylist!

I am also very impressed with his dedication towards his work with children, especially children with disabilities through the Bubel-Aiken Foundation, and not forgetting him being an ambassador for UNICEF. I guessed it was because of his passion for teaching and children way before he started off with American Idol.

I really salute you, Clay for holding on to your words that you would use your influence and position into good use and for the children, which he did until today. *Applause*

Not many megastars out there would put their influence and fame into good use (i.e. Britney, Lindsay Lohan, Paris Hilton etc). If there were more Bonos and Aikens in this world, wow! You'll definitely see lotsa changes.

I was also watching the episode in which he appeared in "Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader". (It's like Who Wants to be a Millionaire but you challenge 10 yr old kids in 5th grade/Standard 4...)

Waliao... *speechless*

Clay Aiken definitely has brains.

He managed to reach the $300K with still 2 cheat options left, and not many people manage to do it. Actually, he could have continued to the $1 million but then I have no idea why he chose to "flunk" out of school. The $300K will be going to his foundation to fund summer camps for special children. *Aww shucks* How sweet....

Oi... lotsa questions I also dunno the answer wan k... it's like kacang for him. Maybe because he used to be a teacher, not to forget having a Ba Education (Special Education).

I also love the fact that embraces his personality and image as a dork/nerd with grace and the way he laughs it off. Not many people (in fact, i think about 90% of us) are comfortable with how they look like and readily embrace it, what more joke about it! To Aiken, it doesn't matter if you call him a dork, nerd or gay (yes, tons of controversies and rumours saying he's gay), but he is confident of who he is and he knows that his family will always love him and support him whatever he is, may it be a popstar or an average school teacher in a small town (he's from the South, hailing from Raleigh, North Carolina).

He still speaks with the Southern *twang* (he calls it the red-neck accent...hehe) and I love it!! Come on Malaysians! Be proud with our accents too and stop faking the Brits/Americans (I hate it more if they can't pull it off... Like what Simon Cowell will usually say... HORRIBLE).

His singing, well... His voice is phenomenal. After rewatching the 2nd season of AI, I felt the Top 3 were super, as compared to the rest, especially the current season. David Archuleta's nothing compared to Clay Aiken (I honestly think Clay Aiken outsang everyone else in AI, except Kelly Clarkson, of course...)

So, to conclude... this guy is a man with a big voice, with a even bigger heart and God bless him (he's religious...but I don't do religious as Christianity is not a religion, it's life! Hallelujah!). I will continue to keep myself updated on him, especially on his humanitarian works.

Way to go, Clay Aiken!

No comments: