Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Dreams & Reality

How many of us can actually see our dreams materializing? How may of us dreamed dreams and actually see them come true?

I'm not sure statistically but then I guess not many of us could do so...

Tze Lerk, my ex-classmate from secondary school made a very thought provoking remark to me. "So...lawyer huh.... Your dream came true..."

Wow... That statement made me think so hard. It got me stunned for a while. I'd never got time nor allowed myself to even think about this. Maybe i took all these things for granted.

I always wanted to study law and be a lawyer. All my friends knew this, my family knew this. Heck man!! The whole school knew about this! Ask all my former teachers and they'll tell you that i'm obsessed on becoming a lawyer.

"Lawyer" was always in my Top 3 list of profession. Remember those days when we need to fill in the stoopid card during primary and secondary school? It changes all the time... Police la, fireman la, scientist la...But somehow i noticed "lawyer" was always in there, no matter how low i ranked it.

Coincidence? Now that I think about it, I think it's not coincidence. I think this is my calling in life and that God had placed me in this profession for a reason, a good reason of yet i have not discover. And i can't wait to open the next door to this journey of my life, my endless life's pursuit.

Now that I'm taking a walk down memory lane, all the bittersweet memories when i was in school (scary teachers, "evil" friends...), how i screwed my SPM, how hard i worked for my STPM in order to get into law school.... Wow!! It's a miracle!

God's been really good, gracious and merciful to me.

I made it to law school (UKM), i managed to maintain my grades, i managed to get myself a good job prospect, i managed to travel to 3 countries within my 4 years of studies (fully paid!)...

Yes... I saw my dreams came true indeed.

No comments: