Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Temptation~

Yay! 2 papers down... But got 5 more to go...Huhu....


Was blogging 2 days ago but then my dum-dum comp didn't manage to save it. So there goes all my hard work...Cis!


My nose has been "leaking" ever since exam started. Not exactly flu...think it's the allergy again!! Darn~ Didn't have time to mop my room ever since exam started...My be the dust...Aiyo! And I'm sooooooooo tempted to go and remove my sinus...haha! Find it difficult to handle but my nose comes in handy as a "dust-detector"... not to mention it'll also start to "run" when the temperature changes.


TSF's Fast & Prayer week has started last Sunday. And I'm always soooooooo tempted to take my instant Campbell mushroom soup (creamy, smells goooood....) out of the drawer and cook it!! And it's driving me crazy especially when I'm trying to study!!


Omoshiroi = Funny in Japanese.


It's funny how I have this urge to cook during exams!! And to all my friends who knows who Phua Zi Jin is.... you know this is really starting to get weird because I simply don't cook!! Been whipping salads and also tuna/egg sandwiches.... Not to forget dreaming of cooking up a storm in my kitchen! You name it... I was cooking delicious pasta..... Baking rich and creamy choc cakes....


WHY??!!! Naze??!!!


Brain must be playing tricks with me....especially when I'm fasting.... Especially when I go back to my aunty's house...there's got to be something good on the table... *ArghhRR!!*


The Temptation of Jesus: (Matt 4:2-4)


After fasting for 40 days and 40 nights, he was hungry. (Who wouldn't be??!! Even Jesus was human then...) The tempter (a.k.a. Satan) and said, "If you are the Son of God, tell these stones to become bread." (Jesus could turn water into wine...So turning stones into bread was child's play for Him) Jesus answered,


"It is written: 'Man does not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God'". (Deut. 8:3)"


Bullseye.


What have I learnt from this story?

  1. The Devil's smarter than you. (He can quote Bible verses upside down la~ So if you think you can outwit him on your own strength...forget it...)
  2. Jesus' been there...done that. So if you are struggling with things like fasting (i.e. like me now...), always remember Jesus. Pray dude...pray....

And if you honour God, He'll definitely honour you.

2 comments:

blaquefuscatae said...

hey hsemate (if i dun call u tat, u prob duno tat its me)..
actually, i found ur blog (dun ask me how, somehow it linked 2 urs)..anyway, started to read sum of ur posts tis month..hope u dun mind..
em, i din kno u were fasting..n i din know tat ur nose is running..
as u kno, we dun really hang out in the living room. anyway, good luk!if u wanna cook, feel free 2 use all da "ka chang" there!

Lyme disease said...

you....
coook....!

the sky is falling..