Monday, September 1, 2008

On The Edge...

Merdeka... But it wasn't emancipation for me.

Felt trapped in this weary world of mine, perpetually living under mountains of work and stress. I think being in my final year in law school is taking it's toll on me for real this time.

So much expectations and pressure to execute everything in perfection.

I am on the brink on a mental breakdown/meltdown and I hope it won't happened.

There's a sudden urge for me to just break down in tears and to scream out loud, then pack my bags and run off to some place where I do not know anyone and where the phone doesn't work.

I don't want to be contacted. I enjoyed a free life, travelling from places to places, seeing different things, watching the different ways of the world and listen to the stories they have to tell.

I don't want to imagine myself in a suit everyday, running from court room to court room or being confined in the claustrophobic office cubicle, churning paperwork after paperwork. There's just no fulfillment.

What's ahead of me? Can I just let go (do I have the choice and luxury to?) of everything and follow my heart (to explore the world and write of my experiences and journey around the world).

I find it hard to pray these days as my heart has been very heavy, burdened by this world. I can't hear God's voice nowadays, and I'm as dry as the bones written in Ezekiel. I'm in a drought here and it hasn't been raining for months now.

How long is this drought going to last? Will I be able to taste the rain? Will I be able to quench my thirst for the Holy Spirit soon?

How long more....? It's taking it's toll...

Will I be able to hold my fort?

My heart cries out to God. "I looked up to the hills and where does my help come from? My help comes from God..."

No comments: