Friday, July 24, 2009

New Life: Post Uni

After squandering all of my time and money travelling to Bali and Tokyo, it was time for me to return back to reality, to let me feet touch the ground after floating around for 2 months of fun.

I know, life sucks. However, I beg to differ. I think life is great but work sucks.

Well, allow me to indulge in my travel story-telling for a brief moment. Bali was great when we start to hit the water (and the famous beaches as well, of course!). But then, Bali isn't a place I'll go ga-ga on as I felt our Malaysian islands are so much better and beautiful as compared to Bali (and I honestly think our food rocks!)

But Tokyo....Tokyo is another story altogether. IT WAS A BLAST! I didn't want to come home at all! After going through Japanese alone (in Japanese, I would say, "Jibun de benkyou shimasu), I think I did quite a good job in Tokyo. Surprisingly, I could understand 60-80% of everyone's conversation and I could converse with them as well (even though it was broken Japanese and was rojak-ed with English). I was so proud I could asked for directions, take pictures for people and yet, they all thought I was one of them!! Haha~ it was fun.

Tomodachi wa sugoi!! Saiko desu! They are the best and I love (and missed) them to bits. Yuma and her family were wonderful hosts, my old friends were the best tour guides ever (except Takao, who got us lost several times), my new friends (ToDai boys and Chuo gang)...totemo yasashii to omoshiroii to tanoshii desu! Satsuki and At-chan were the ones who brightened up tiring days, ToDai boys were so chivalrous that I would have married any one of them if they weren't that young, my fellow oldies (Yuma, Takao, Rocky, Daisuke, ChuChu etc etc), it was nice to see you guys again.

But now....*sigh* now.... oshigoto wo sugoi taihen desu yo! Chambering life is one that is equivalent of a dog's. Nothing wonderful. Verbal abuses almost every day, work by the tons, everything has to be fast... In my opinion, it's the stress and the pressure that makes us age faster and kills us faster at the same time. But I love the times when us FUUs gather in some makan place to chill and gossip about our lives as chambies and the abuses we have to go through in the process. It was hilarious, eye-opening and consolating at the same time. Group therapy indeed.

Oh well, I miss my uni life a lot. Hanging out with friends, noon naps, ALSA, travelling for free... I miss... freedom.

Back to work now~

No comments: